Master Program in European Studies
and Regional Cooperation (ESRC)
The curriculum is designed according to the up-to-date requirements of the European higher education area - European Credit Transfer System, modularized courses, diploma supplement. The interdisciplinary content, its organization, didactic concept and assessment are tailored to fit the competences of the European Affairs Professional:
- Politics and Policies: European Integration, Common Policies of the European Union
- Economics and Management: International Economics, Economic and Monetary Union, European Management, Regional and Cross-Border Project Management.
- Administration and Law: Comparative Public Administration, European Institutions and Decision-Making, European Law.
- Culture and Civilization: European Civilization, European History, Comparative Cultural Studies.
- Transferable skills: Quantitative Methods of Regional and EU Analysis, Teamwork and Leadership.
- Language and communication skills: German, Bulgarian, Romanian, Intercultural Communication, Professional Communication.
International lecturers from BRIE partner universities conduct their courses either in English or in German.
Studies are provided with up-to-date academic facilities at the University of Ruse - renovated premises at the campus of University of Ruse, new specialized library, computer resources, intranet and internet, copying and printing services.
Summer school at European Union Institutions in Brussels is organized by BRIE to cover latest developments of European integration between the second and the third semester.
Third semester at a partner university in Germany - Chemnitz University of Technology, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder) and University of Regensburg welcome students with successful academic performance.
The degree Master of European Studies is conferred by University of Ruse. As a result of a successful accreditation of the degree by the German Accreditation Agency ACQUIN (www.acquin.org) graduates are also awarded a BRIE-certificate by the German partner university.
The degree holders have excellent career prospects Europe-wide both at the public and the private sector either in governance of supranational, national or sub-national institutions, or in the management of multinationals and other companies dealing within and with the European Union.